Privacy and Security
JapanRailPass.ca is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with us. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is JapanRailPass.ca?
JapanRailPass.ca is operated by Japan Rail Pass Canada, an authorized and approved distributor of Japan Rail Passes for Canada. Our Japan Rail Passes are issued in Canada for Canadians and priced in Canadian dollars.
What we collect?
JapanRailPass.ca only collects information required to provide products and services to you and in order to complete the purchase and sale transaction that you initiate between you and us. For such purposes we collect the following information:
- Your full name
- You contact information including email address / physical address / telephone numbers
- Details of your computer access point to the our website JapanRailPass.ca including your I.P. address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and page views
- Details of the transactions to be processed between you and us
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Email correspondence and any other type of information that you may send us
Credit Card Transaction
Use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
JapanRailPass.ca uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. We do not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We retain your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our data is secured on password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us are encrypted using SSL technology.
We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site JapanRailPass.ca.
You can request access to your personal information stored by JapanRailPass.ca. You may contact us at email@example.com and we will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information